About Me

My photo
Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
Hello! I am Darrien Chow, a local artist from Prince George, B.C. Canada. Working with Acrylic Medium and now photography. I am influenced by music, magazines, nature, fashion, my cultural backgrounds, and the people I care about. My mom introduced me into painting at the age of four, and after many years of just drawing, I started playing with paint and could not stop. I am very passionate about art and I want to share my creations with the world. ENJOY Commissions are welcome. :) This Blog is for the world to enjoy my art :)

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Running for Travis Fundraiser in Vancouver B.C.

Tonight in Vancouver British Columbia is an event happening right now called Running for Travis Fundraiser at the Lotus Sound Lounge.... I was unable to make the trip down for the event :( But I hear there was lots of art donations made! OVER 40 peices!!! Two of which were donated by myself :) I was really happy painting these two paintings. Not just because it was going to a good cause, to help a young man and his family,  but the paintings made me feel hopeful and like anything is achievable :)
Buddha's Lotus (Left) is a relaxing and wishful painting. Also inspired by the BOB song "Airplanes" I wanted the background to be a sky full of shooting stars and we all can make a wish.
When Fish Swim in Trees (Right) made me realized that anything is possible when fish swim in trees.  I remember telling friends this idea and they gave a an odd look but I proved them! haha

All the Best to Travis and his family and to Emily who put the fundraiser all together! And to my new friend Bonnie! Thank you :)

and to learn more about Running for Travis please check out this website :

1 comment:

  1. You and your paintings are B E A utiful Love Shawn

    ReplyDelete